Soft cubes of paneer cooked in a flavourful gravy is Dhaba Style Paneer Masala. It is a rich and pleasant dish. The best part about this recipe is easy to make it. It doesn’t call for many ingredients and too much time or any special breads as accompaniments. Dhaba style paneer can be served with tawa chapatis or parathas.
The recipe calls for paneer… obviously! And for best results, I like to use homemade paneer. DDhaba style paneer recipe has a tomato and onion based gravy. However, to add richness to the gravy, cashews are added. Dhaba style paneer masala is garnished with lots of fresh coriander which makes it enticing. I have used homemade tomato puree, it gives a gorgeous color to the dish and also reduces its cook time. Here is a collection of paneer main course recipes.
1. Grind 2 medium onions and 10 cashews together.
2. Make a fine paste.
3. Grind 3 medium tomatoes.
4. Make a fine puree.
5. Heat 2 tbsp oil.
6. Add 1 tsp garam masala powder.
7. Cook it for 30 seconds.
8. Add the onion cashew paste.
9. Cook till it becomes brownish.
10. Add the pureed tomatoes or 3/4 cup tomato puree.
11. Cook till the oil oozes out.
12. Add 1 tsp red chili powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, and 2 tsp coriander powder.
13. Cook for a minute.
14. Add a half cup of water.
15. Cook for 2 minutes. This will ensure that the gravy is smooth.
16. Add salt to taste and 1 cup water.
17. Cut paneer into cubes /pieces.
18. Add paneer cubes to the gravy.
19. Simmer it for 5-6 minutes. (If using homemade paneer do not cook the paneer for long. The paneer becomes hard).
20. Check the consistency and seasoning. Garnish with a handful of chopped coriander.
21. Bon appétit.
PREP TIME 15 minutes
COOK TIME 15 minutes
TOTAL TIME 30 minutes
Please rate us and share your valuable feedback