Chutney is an Indian dip or spread made using different ingredients. Anaardana chutney is a unique chutney as it has bites of onions, ginger, green chillies etc. It is spicy and tangy. It is very interesting and distinct recipe for chuntey because it has an unfamiliar texture. It uses the basic ingredients but very differently. I love to call this chutney a kind of Indian salsa. Anardana chutney can be served with chole bhatura, parathas or dal rice. This is also known as addh kuti chutney.
Chutney calls for onion, tomatoes, ginger, green chillies, lemon juice and a “not so common ingredient” i.e. dry pomegranate seeds (anaardana).
Another chutney recipes are chutneys for chaat, green chutney and many more.
1. Collect ingredients for recipe i.e. 2 onions, 1 tomato, 1 green chilli, coriander leaves, 1-inch ginger, salt as per your taste and 3 tsp anardana.
2. Roughly chop onions, tomato, green chilli, coriander leaves and ginger and add these chopped vegetables along with anardana powder and salt in a grinder jar.
3. Grind using 1-2 tbsp water. Just give 1-2 pulse.
4. Grind to a coarse paste.
5. Add 1/2 tsp lemon juice.
6. Add 1/4 tsp of red chilli powder and mix.
7. Bon appétit Check seasoning and serve with Amritsari Pindi Chole and Bhatura.
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME Nil
TOTAL TIME 10 minutes
2 medium sized onions
handful of fresh coriander (including stem)
3 tsp dry pomegranate seeds (anardana) powder
1 green chilli
1 tsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp red chilli powder
salt/black salt to taste
Please rate us and share your valuable feedback