According to Wikipedia As expected… has never had it. It’s too simple for him.
A simple toast with flavours of coriander and garlic, spiciness of chutney and sweetness of ketchup, crunch of onions.
Yes you can use the bread of your choice.
You can skip the onion and garlic.
You can use any other spreads/chutneys for the flavouring. Here is the recipe to a perfect, smooth and spreadable green chutney yes here. You may also like bombay veg sandwich etc.
1. In a large bowl take 1 and 1/2 cup chickpeas flour, 1 chopped onion, 6 crushed garlic cloves, salt to taste, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp red chilli powder and 1/4 tsp baking soda or eno
2. Mix everything
3. Add 3/4 water (approximately). Adjust the quantity of batter. We need a spreable batter that is neither too thick nor too thin.
5. Add handful of chopped coriander.
6. Mix everything well.
7. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
8. Apply some green chutney on one side of the slice.
9. Apply some green chutney on one side of the slice.
10. Apply some tomato ketchup on the other side of the slice.
11. Drizzle some oil in a pan.
12. Apply the batter on one side of the slice.
13. Put the slice in the pan. Let it cook.
14. Flip the slice and apply batter on the other side too.
15. Add few drops of oil if required.
16. Cook from the other side too.
17. Bon appétit.
PREP TIME 5 minutes
COOK TIME 15 minutes
TOTAL TIME 20 minutes
1 and ½ cup chickpeas flour (besan)
6 bread slices
1 medium onion finely chopped
6 cloves garlic crushed
Salt to taste
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/4 tsp baking soda/fruit salt i.e. eno
oil as required
3/4 cup water or as required
Handful of chopped coriander
6 tsp green coriander chutney
6 tsp tomato ketchup
Please rate us and share your valuable feedback