Shallow fried Indian flatbread bursting with flavors of mustard seeds, fennel seeds, onion seeds and many more is achari paratha. Achaar is a very accompaniment of Indian food. Anything boring can be pepped up and for many foodies, it is an indispensable part of their meal thali. Achaar offers a bunch of flavors. Those flavors have been absorbed by this paratha. It can be served for breakfast or lunch or dinner with any gravy, dal or side dish. Just roll and pack these parathas for travel and be sorted.
Achari paratha calls for 2 main ingredients 1. Perfect dough for paratha and 2. Flavorful achari spice mix. Both these recipes are already on the blog. Further, you can use ghee or oil to fry the paratha. I have used oil. You can fold the paratha using the technique that you follow or do it as explained in the recipe. There is no salt in my achari masala recipe as each recipe made using achari masala has its own salt requirements. Therefore, don’t miss out the salt.
I am a Punjabi by birth. So obviously my blog has a collection of paratha recipes. It has stuffed parathas, simple parathas for dals/gravies, etc and more. You can find the collection here. And once you make achari masala, make it in excess and try achari poori. View the recipe here. You will love these too.
1.This recipe makes 6-8 achari paratha.
2. Take a big portion of paratha dough. Roll it flatten it. Coat with flour. Place on the rolling board.
3. Roll it into a big roti. Apply oil on it. Sprinkle salt.
4. Generously spread the achari masala (recipe link in the ingredients section) on it.
5. Roll it up. Make a turban and flatten it. Dust some whole wheat flour.
6. Roll it again into a thick roti.
7. Put on a hot skillet.
8. Cook on high flame till the bubbles appear. Flip and cook from the other side too. Apply oil on both the side and reduce the flame. Cook till golden brown from both the sides.
9. Crush it slightly and apply little ghee or butter.
10. Bon appétit!
PREP TIME 15 minutes
COOK TIME 15 minutes
TOTAL TIME 30 minutes
Please rate us and share your valuable feedback