Aam Panna Recipe is a beverage made with raw mangoes, mint leaves, sugar, and some spices. It is very helpful during the hot summer days. It protects the body from the heat. It is a great thirst quencher.
Aam Panna calls for raw mangoes. This is the basic ingredient. Make sure the raw mangoes are not too fibrous. Otherwise, there will be a need to pass aam Panna through a sieve. Thereafter you may add spices like cumin seeds powder, black pepper, black salt etc. Mint does wonders to Aam Panna. And then comes sugar. Yes, aam panna calls for a good quantity of sugar. However, you can adjust the same as per your taste. Some people even omit it completely. During summers, I
1. Put 4 raw mangoes along with ½ cup water in a pressure cooker. Cook on high flame till one whistle and thereafter for 5 minutes on low flame. Once the pressure releases, take out the raw mangoes in a plate and let them cool.
2. Once they are just warm or cool, extract the pulp from the skin and stone.
3. Put pulp in a grinder jar and add 1tsp freshly grounded black pepper, 1 tbsp roasted cumin powder and black salt to taste. Grind to make a smooth puree.
4. To store it, put in a sterilized glass container and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
5. To make aam panna, add 3 tbsp concentrate, 2 tbsp bura and few ice cubes in a glass. Fill it with chilled water. Whisk to mix well. Add some mint leaves.
6. Serve it chilled.
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 10 minutes
TOTAL TIME 20 minutes
To make panna concentrate:
To make the drink:
Please rate us and share your valuable feedback